Lazy lasagna garden, two months later

Remember my lazy version of the late to the game lasagna garden I created?

Well, it's been two months.  Nothing is really planted in it yet (soon.  I think.  I hope.), but the soil is absolutely gorgeous.  Black, full of worms, and healthy looking.  Luscious almost.  A girl could get spoiled by this kind of dirt.

Also, as you can see, I'm incredibly easy to buy a present for.  If it contains dirt, worms, or chicken poop, I'm a happy girl.

Yes, Troy is a lucky man.

Back in March, there was a part of the garden bed that I only covered in straw because a few tulips getting ready to bloom.  This is what the soil looks like now in that patch:

Here is the soil under the layers of cardboard, shredded paper, leaves, and straw looks like:

Um.  Yeah.

I am a believer in lasagna gardening.  Less than 45 minutes of work for amazing healthy soil?  I couldn't haul and spread bags of compost in 45 minutes and get those same results.

Next test?  If stuff will actually grow in it!  Stay tuned.  I know you're on the edge of your seat.

I've shared this over at Brambleberry Cottage, Fresh Foods Wednesday, From the Farm, Tuned in Tuesday, The Backyard Farming Connection,
Pin It

Labels: